Removing fuel lines from the Fuel Tank

To: "'Roadsters (E-mail)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing fuel lines from the Fuel Tank
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:19:53 -0700
I have been trying to get the fuel tank off
of my car to have it steam cleaned.  I did
manage to get the larger line loose, but the
smaller of the two just will not budge.  It has
been soaking in penetrating fluid for days and
I am afraid if I use any more force on the
tube wrench it will break the tank fitting, which
happened on my parts car.

Since I have the fuel lines from my parts car to
use as samples I am considering trying to find
fuel hose that will fit these lines correctly and
then cut about 6" out of each line and use the
fuel hose to connect the tank to the fuel lines.

Has this been done, or is there some way other
than heat that might free that fitting?  On the
parts car the metal fuel tube had fused itself to
the body of the nut.

Tom
69 2000
Portland, Oregon