Re: In defense of the Miata

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: In defense of the Miata
From: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 18:22:20 -0600
Over the years I've owned one MGB and five Datsun Roadsters.  I currently
have two '69 2000s in nice shape and a '96 Miata.

The Miata outhandles 99% of all other cars ever produced.  They're
cute...styling cues blatantly lifted from the original Lotus Elan.
I do think they deserve more power.  I turbocharged mine, and it has about
260 hp now.  It outdrives everything else I've encountered on the road and
track, and it's still a $12k Japanese economy roadster.  That really makes
me smile.

The Datsuns always get more looks.  Definitely rarer, cooler and classier.

The Miata has A/C and a CD player.  It is a modern car.  But it has NO snob
appeal (like BMW roadster or the Boxster).  It is cuter than the Honda
S2000.  It is simpler than any of these cars.  It is a true roadster for the
sports car enthusiast.

If you're a car nut, cherish them all!