Re: In defense of the Miata

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: In defense of the Miata
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 11:07:45 -0500
Although the Miata may be viewed as a "chick car" (my apologies to the women
on the list) or as just another shoebox with the to cut off, I am sure that
there are a lot of folks that have experienced just what is described below.
  I had similar experiences with the 66 Mustang that I owned.  It was
nothing special (289 4v, 3spd coupe with Pony interior) but it was loud
(caused people to look) had character and lots of folks lusted for one.  I
thoroughly enjoyed the car, but when I sold it I did not look back.

Don't get me wrong about the note above.  When I sold my first roadster, I
regretted it from the first moment that the keys left my hand.  I would love
to have it back if I could get it in the same condition that I sold it (not
realistic - the car has had lots of mods since then) but since I cannot, I
will get one of my other ones going.  I know folks that owned roadsters that
think that they are the biggest pieces of crap rolling - and theirs were not
junky cars.  They just had a bad experience or two and that jaded them.  I
tend to connect with mechanical things.  The roadster and I were as one when
I had it.  We had a falling out about minor failures (to be expected given
the age) and made a rash decision to sell.  Oh well.

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060
1967 SRL311 00076