RE: In defense of the Miata

To: "'Pamela Bauman'" <ntrlclr@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: In defense of the Miata
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:50:33 -0600
AHH - the old Miata debate is started again  - fun times ahead:)

My Mom has Miata #0000366 from '89.  When pushed hard the rear end is
"twitchy" and unpredictable at the limit.  Fun to scoot around town, but not
fun to get serious with.  I understand the later models have rear braces to
help this - hope so.  They may be a great sports car, but the design is just
not interesting at all.  Never really was.

The Roadster is a LOT more fun to drive fast through the corners.  It may
not go as fast, but has a better "feel".  Although, I did bet a Miata
through the corners a couple of years ago.  I think it was a driver problem
- he drove way to hard into the corners.

If I were to buy a new "fun" car (keeping the family in mind), I would by
the Subaru WRX wagon in blue.  Good friend just got his (in silver) and it
is a BLAST!  And, it has a nice back seat.

Phil