Re: Push or Pull electric fan

To: dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu, jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Push or Pull electric fan
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:42:17 -0500
>I just today received an article that he mailed me on the issue from the
>June
>2001 issue of Street Rodder magazine called "Living on Overload". It
>explains
>the use of relay ciruits thoroughly and diagrams the relay wiring. Very
>insightful. He also sent an add from Parr Automotive, 800 654-6779, where
>the
>sell a complete Elecric Fan Relay Kit with Auto. Temp Sensor for $47. The
>only problem that I can see is tha the kit comes with a switch that turns on
>at 185 and off at 170. Is that a good range? I'm afraid that it might be a
>tad low.

Thanks for mentioning the article, Jay. I'll see if I can't pick up a
copy. It should still be on the newsstand I'd think. There are often very
good articles in some of the mainstream car mags, especially those
focusing on modified cars and trucks. I've also got to start scanning and
storing this sort of info digitally. I don't about the rest of you, but
I'm rapidly running out of storage space, and a CD with 650 to 700 megs
on it is much easier to lug around than the several large boxes of
magazines one CD can take the place of.

As far as the 170 to 185 range on the temp sensor, I'd say it's fine for
the cars we're playing with. Newer cars are designed to run at a bit
higher average temp, but 185 should be fine for a roadster.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)