Re: Not a trick question

To: tomph@ispchannel.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not a trick question
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:30:36 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/01 3:26:21 AM !!!First Boot!!!, tomph@ispchannel.com
writes:

<< Thanks for the suggestions about the holes. Got several windshild washer
 suggestions but it's not that. These holes are on the flat shelf under the
hood (the
 same flat surface the Vin plate is mounted on. This also eliminates hood
 release access as they are both covered when the hood is closed. >>

Hello,

I think I know what they are.  You did mention that the 67.5 was a racecar at
one time.  As well, Dave Pina says that his car had them too.  His is an
(almost) ex-BRE Racecar.

Many racers used hood pins to hold the hood down.  They didnt really on just
the standard hood latch but would also have a couple pins that went through
the hood and then were locked down by a large "Cotter" type pin.

It sounds like your racer had these on the car at one time.  The hood doesnt
show it as it was probably replaced.

Calspeed
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html";>
http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html</A>