Re: Roadster wanted LONG

To: haugchiro@moscow.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster wanted LONG
From: KWS711@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:38:52 EDT
Bob, List,

This is a little sooner than I had planned, but I guess I'll put this out.
My 68 2000 is up for sale. I purchased a 71 510, and must make room. and have
funds for my new project.

Details:

SRL31105015  Oregon plates "68 2000"
Registered as a 69, actually a 68.

Spanish Red 664. The body has been done, a decent job, and the paint is about
2 years old. All chrome, rubber, etc was removed for painting except door
handles. Even the windshield. All new rubber except around the vent window.
Bumpers, tail lite housings, front parking lites are either chromed or new.
Has a soft top (frame is fine, top is fair to good) and boot.

Suspension: Front comp sway bar and springs. Delrin bushings. White KYB
shocks. New rubber brake lines both sides.
Comp rear bushings on springs, and pads between springs and axle. White KYB
shocks. Rear brakes done recently, with new seals, bearings, wheel cylinders
and shoes. Finned drums turned. New hard rear brake line and rubber flex
line.
Stan's Brace. Brake are excellent!!

Motor is stock to my knowledge. Doesn't use any oil except a small leak,
which I beleive is the rear seal. Doesn't burn any. Runs a little rich, needs
card adjustment. Has blue spark plug and coil wires from CDM. Has MSD
ignition, rev limiter (6K) and coil. New alternator (stock location), voltage
regulator and battery. New throttle cable.

Clutch is fine, no slipping or chatter. Trans is good except: The assembly
that holds 1st and 2nd slides back on hard shifts. I have been told there is
a roll pin that has broken, allowing the whole assembly to move. It's hard to
explain, but if you are interested, I can explain better over the phone.

Interior is good. Seats have been covered a while ago. Door panels are OK,
Needs carpet and some detailing. Has a dash cover, no sun visors. Every thing
works except the wipers. I am working on them. The cable that controls the
heater is missing. You can adjust it under the dash. The fan and defrost
controls are fine.

As far as I know, there is no rust on the car. A section was cut out and
replaced with metal welded in on the passenger rocker panel when painted. It
has not been driven in the rain and has been garaged since I have had it
(about 3 yrs ).

I can't think of anything else right now. You can see a couple of pictures at
the NOWROC site, members, Kim Smith.

The Libras are not going with it. I have stock wheels with 165-13 tires and
original (I think) hub caps.

This car took Second Best Datsun at Blue Lake last year. Finished 2nd in SCCA
CSP Oregon Region last year.

I am looking to get $ 6000.00 for it. I have a bunch of spares that I will
negotiate for with whoever buys it. If they don't go with the car, I will
post a list.

Thanks for your time.

Kim
NOWROC