Re: we got tunes!

To: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: we got tunes!
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 23:05:48 -0500
>It's a 12-2004 Radio Shack unit. A bolt-in replacement for the original in
>the
>center console. Works fine. I don't get the ignition noise, though, cassette
>or radio. Just tested it with a Joni Mitchell tape. Neil Young? Well, I can
>live with a little hiss playing Crazy Horse, so I tested with Joni :)

RS used to have several ignition noise killers, the simplest and cheapest
was a large round (about the size of half a roll of quarters) capacitor
that dumped any residual alternator whine (A/C component) and most
ignition pulse noise to ground. Don't know if they still have them, but
any car stereo shop should.

HTH, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas