Re: we got tunes!

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: we got tunes!
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:58:51 EDT
Paul -- what are you using for a radio?  Where is it located?

I changed radios today as well on my 68.  The old Kraco was shot, and there
was a $99 unit in the radio shack catalogue that seemed like it was small
enough to fit, #12-2130, and it had RCA outputs and a CD input, but it wasn't
close to being small enough when I tried it.  So I bought instead the most
un-delux (no presets, no clock, no power) smallest shaft radio they had,
#12-2004 ($30!), and it fits in easily and the cassette player works.  Now if
I can get rid if the ignition noise, it might also work when the engine is on!

This is another reason why the early dash is better -- you can put in a
larger radio.

Gary C
1966 1600
1968 2000 solex