Good info

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good info
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:45:01 -0500
With the recent discussion on alternators and electrical systems, I
thought I'd pass this on.You might want to pick up the June 2K1 issue of
Chevy High Performance, actually for the info in several articles. The
electrical article deals with what to and how to measure alternator
output, plus using the newer/bigger single wire internally regulated GM
alternators. This is a popular update on all of our cars. Of particular
note is that they say that more than a 4/10 voltage drop between the
reading at the alternator and at the battery calls for upgrading the
charging wire (too small) and probably the connectors.

There's also an extensive section on building your first motor which does
a nice job of explaining what to do and why. I used to subscribe to this
mag when we had our '70 Impala (aka Grandma's Big Green Car, according to
our youngest grandson). I resubscribed last year when I found myself
buying just about every other issue. One year was $11. I figure if I buy
more than three issues of a mag/year, it's cheaper to subscribe.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)