Re: Position of "Twisty"

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Position of "Twisty"
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:59:51 -0700
> The solution is to drill another hole and fill in the previous one, but I
> was wondering if anyone else had seen this manufacturing mistake?
>
> The offending twisty is the one which requires you to go in through the
> trunk to get at the nut.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom.

Tom:

My new top and boot came with grommets for the twisties, but they were not
installed. Every roadster is apparently a little different in regards to
post placement, at least the 67s seem to be this way. When CDM sold us the
boot/top, Les mentioned that the makers had originally mounted the grommets
at the factory, but they had little luck making these fit correctly. The top
shop that mounted mine had to fix the grommets by hand, using the car as a
model. I shot some pics of the work in progress and posted them on our
Picturetrail site.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600