Re: u20 valve settings

To: andycost@att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: u20 valve settings
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:00:11 -0700
When I was a neophyte mechanic with the high school racer (68 Camaro with
a brand new out of the crate LT-1, 202 slant plug fuelies, 780 Holley), I
used to adjust my valves hot with the engine running.  There were a set of
"clips" you could buy (I still have them) that went over the rocker arms
and covered the hole that spits out oil into the head.  It was still a
little messy, but it worked pretty well.  I also had these special double
head hex bots that replaced the stock rocker both so you could adjust the
valve up or down to the right setting, and then tighten without anything
moving.  It was pretty much a bi-weekly event with that motor, which by
the way, absolutely SCREAMED !!!!!  Is there anything similar available
for the U20 and/or is the application even remotely similar?

andycost@att.net
Sent by: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
04/20/01 09:39 AM
Please respond to andycost