Re: 2L Front engine cover

To: bholmes@monk.aum.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2L Front engine cover
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:03:38 EDT
Brad, it can be a pain in the butt to replace the cover, which means pulling
the head. yeah, I know, yuck. I have busted the timing notch off of mine and
had it welded back on, but the oil leaked through the weld! I put wurth epoxy
from hell, german version of JB weld, and it is working fine. The crack could
be more problematic, something like a broken piece of something, chainrail,
bottom tensioner, which could have been bouncing around in there, or it could
be from over tightening, it is hard to tell, be safe rather than sorry. I
have even seen the "evil L" chain holder thingy break off and get wedged in
the chainrail area. It is something to carefully check as this is a mucho
buck potential problem.
John Brasfield
SEROC