Re: RE: exhaust

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: exhaust
From: rekeen@mtu.edu (Robert Keen)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:19:44
>  I used to work in an ER and spent a while
>  doing CPR on a guy who killed himself by starting
>  his lawnmower inside the house and letting it run.

It's sorta off topic, but I have to relate the following,
which was told to me by an ambulance driver. (He was bored
at the time as he stood around watching the MDs sew up my
toes two years ago when I pulled the lawn mower over my foot.
Roadster content - The accident kept me from driving our
roadster for a couple of weeks, because I couldn't work the
clutch pedal.)

A local resident was refinishing the floors in his house,
and needed a floor sander.  He was out of work at the time,
and didn't have fifty bucks for the rental fee.  He had a
bright(?) idea.  He took the blade off his lawnmower, screwed
a length of 2x4 in its place, stapled sandpaper to the 2x4,
and started running it over the floor.  He opened the
windows to avoid the exhaust problem.  Everything was going
well until the 2x4 split.  He took a 2x2x6inch splinter
through the calf on a ricochet off the wall, which is how
the ambulance driver learned about it.

--Bob Keen
68 1600
Chassell, Upper Peninsula, Michigan