Comp springs on Ebay

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Comp springs on Ebay
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:56:27 -0400
Those springs look very used and rusty. I read an article in either
Grassroots or Sports Imports and they said that when springs get rusty they
are likely to break as the rust severely weakens the spring. That is why
coil springs are powdercoated and not just painted with cheapo paint. (The
same holds true for valve springs and when and if they get rust to can
them.)

At the least I would have them glass beaded and shotpeened to relieve any
stress and then have them powdercoated again before putting them on a car.

Mike