Solexes 4 sale

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solexes 4 sale
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:39:15 +0000
I just can't see any other way to afford new 15x7"  Panasport wheels so
here goes. I am putting my PHH 44s up for sale. I bought them new in
'79, and they sat in my garage until last summer when I tried them on my
67.5 2000. I couldn't get Sadie to start with them so I switched back to
stock SUs. As I got her more dialed in I cleaned out the dead spiders
and webs in the Solexes (I have no idea how they got in where they were)
and used them for two autocross events. Both Daniel and I felt the SUs
give better low and midrange power. Sadie also started easier and had no
hesitation when throttle was booted as she did with Solexes. Perhaps it
could all be sorted out with different needles and such, but I am very
pleased with the stock SUs performance and I do have race prepped SUs
also. What makes them hard to sell is the cost of a new set of Solexes
is up to $2,500. now. So if I ever decide I do want to put Solexes on,
it is really gonna be a big investment, if I can find them. So here's
what I have. NPHH44A11s, or is it N44PHHA11s? with manifold, linkage,
choke cable, long velocity stacks, and one of the heater water hose
pipes, the sorta T one. The water jacket in the manifold is currently
plugged on both ends. These carbs have less than 5 hrs total use.
Currently the idle adjust screw head is missing half its head. The screw
on the linkage, not on the carbs.  I will try to post a few pictures of
them over the weekend. I am asking, sitting down? $1,500.00 for them. If
no one on the list wants them I will be  putting them on ebay.
David Pina