Re: How hard is AXing on your car?

To: motormite@hotmail.com, jschmi7@us.ibm.com, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com
Subject: Re: How hard is AXing on your car?
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:56:00 -0500
Usually when you see a nice car (old or new) being destroyed (unless it is a
very common or inexpensive car) for a production, it is a replica.  That is
one of the things that keeps the kit car business going.  It also leads to
some legal issues as in one movie (I don't know which) a Ferrari 355 is
destroyed.  Well, they could not afford to do that in reality, so a replica
was "splashed" off of it (kit car term for making a replica from the
existing body) and it was mounted to a fiero chassis.  The fiero died for
the cause.  In fact, the panel lines were painted on (the panels did not
open as on the real one!) just for the illusion.

Now, for the Dukes of Hazzard, they destoryed real chargers (sorry MOPAR
fans!)  Watch a rerun sometime - those cars bent something fierce when they
hit the ground!

By the way, did anyone know that there is a kit car body available for the
Datsun Roadster chassis?  It resembles a Ferrari Birdcage if I recall
correctly.

Sid
(also a Kit Car enthusiast)