Re: How hard is AXing on your car?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How hard is AXing on your car?
From: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:08:34 -0600
Robert,  I Solo 1 my 2L on a 1.7 mile road course.  I dont wind it out
above 6K, at the expence of being beaten by Neons, but I drive it as hard
as I can otherwise.  I only race it 2-3 times a year because I too want a
daily summer driver and don't want to distroy it.

It is hard on the car.  Last year, at the last of the season, I caused my
exhaust pipe to come off after HITTING the apex in the chicane, I also
broke one of the throttle return springs (a note sent last week looking for
replacements) and used a years worth of tires and brake pads in one day.
If I keep it reasonable and don't try to get trophies, I think I can keep
up with the repair costs.  A Miata is a throwaway car, a Roadster is not.
But, it is reasonably durable and great fun to test your skills.

The first race this year is 4/21 and I will be there.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-458-7829
pager 800-759-8888 pin#  8710561