RE: CAR CLUB BADGE

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: CAR CLUB BADGE
From: fairlady <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:56:52 +1000
Hi All.
Yes the Aussie Clubs do have a grille badge (but we are out of stock). I
designed it about 6 or 7 years ago based on a Japanese illustration of a
roadster with the words "DATSUN SPORTS OWNERS AUSTRALIA" in a circle around
the car. The outlines/metal are a silver colour, the car is red with black
tyres and seats on a white background while the lettering is on a blue
background. The badges are about 3 inches in diameter.

We have recently made a hat badge using the same design but with a diameter of
1 inch. I will be bringing some of these to Solvang next month.

Perhaps someone with access to a scanner and either a hat or grille badge
(Phil Hall perhaps?) may be able to put one up on a photopoint site for people
to look at.

A picture of it used to be on Ken Smart's website (www.asmart.com/dsd/) but
not anymore.

Regards,