Re: Alterator upgrade help

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com
Subject: Re: Alterator upgrade help
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@hodge.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:41:48 -0800 (PST)
Hello,
        There should be a ton of info on this in the archives......
But, since its a 66 the Alt is already on the rt side yes?? Oh wait a 1600
don't know about those cause I have only installed them on a 2000... well
You should be able to use the stock alt brackets. Theh summit alt is shorter
and fatter than stock.  You have to use spacers on the brackets (washers) to
get the new alt pully to line up.  The problem I had here was that I could not
find metric bolts long enough to do this.  I had to make some bolts up out of
metric threaded rod (hard to find in SF for some reason). I also enlarged the
hole on the mount for the bottom bigger bolt to take a bigger standard size
bolt which I could find in the longer sizes needed.
        hope this helps
                Daniel 69 2000
        `       SF CA