Re: Fuel pump?

To: "Ted Garner" <tgarner89@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:33:47 -0500
Did you make sure the fuel filter was tight? I had the same problem and it
was a loose fuel filter. The gasket dried out and the glass bowl was loose
and there was no vacuum and the fuel never reached the engine even though
the fuel bowl was full.

If that is not the problem pull the fuel line off and make sure gas is being
pumped. Use a can to catch the fuel. If that's not the problem make sure the
floats are still good. Usually if there is too much fuel being pumped
because of a defective float or float needle gas will come out of the
overflow tubes and onto the ground.

Also make sure the points are still good and you're getting spark.

Oh, and make sure the chokes are working and they're not frozen.

Mike