tumbler pins / driving styles

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: tumbler pins / driving styles
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:36:08 -0800
(see below)
There was a trend in previous years that when installing the tumbers, the
'pin' put in to hold in the tumblers was not a pin but a screw whose head
sheared off when torqued down, so that it required drilling out. (aka very
soft)  I have found that you can, if lucky, dremel a slot in the top of the
screw (now a pin) and then use a slotted screwdriver.
_________________
Subject: Re: How do you remove the tumblers from an ignition switch?
Patrick J. Horne wrote
>Marc,  Nope, this is a column lock.  I found out that there is a pin
>presssed into a hole on the side of the lock that has to be drilled out.
>>Peace, Pat
Ja, I saw that pin while inspecting an extra column-lock.  Careful, the
pin looks harder than the surrounding potmetal.  Mebbe Tom's milling
machine is up to the task (hint)

(se below)
that Spring Ride story was great, and although I baby my OTD daily driver
(and my synchros in my roadster), I seldom resist the opportunity to indulge
to partake in such incorrect behavior.  Example:  while I know my car has
bad back springs, so there is a significant jolt every time I pass a
particular overpass on the 405, I found it is smoother and quieter if I am
going greater than 65, cuz then the back end gets a little air and 'misses'
part of the bump.  can be an eye-opener if ya forget to latch the seatbelt
though.
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
>there is only one way to drive it....fast
That's the spirit! Of course, you understand, I would never partake in such
an incorrect behavior myself.
Victor

Fergus O
(sorry, I don't know how to do that thing that makes these: ">> " appear
before previous message text)