Re: Re[2]: SF Roadster Prices

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, CalSpeed@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: SF Roadster Prices
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:10:03 -0800 (PST)
Agreed that you can easily put $10,000+ into a Datsun Roadster, and I
wouldn't hesitate if I had it to spend, although I would probably start
with a very nice car rather than fix up my so-so Roadster.

The issue is when it's all said and done, how much money is it worth to
anyone else?  I recall a magazine I read about a year ago that had some
recent car auction data.  One of the cars sold was a perfectly restored
1976 (?) Triumph Spitfire.  The article specifically said "This car is
perfect except for one thing - it's a 1976 Triumph Spitfire".  I'm not
trying to say our cars are those, but it's a matter of how much is a
car worth when fully restored to the public, not how much is it worth
to its owner.  Good body work and paint is the same price per hour
whether it's going on a Ford Pinto or a Rolls Royce.  Once isn't worth
fixing (disposable car) and the other is.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/