Re[2]: JY motors for custom

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re[2]: JY motors for custom
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:47:02 -0800
My VG30DE on my '95 300ZX is approximately 222 HP stock (non-turbo). The
turbo version is 300 HP. The VQ30 gets 227 HP due to some enhancements with
the exhaust system. Also, tack on a Stillen Supercharger and get another 75
HP.

I found an interesting thread on a BMW list, where the owners are lamenting the
fact that the Nissan VQ30 is a far better engine than the 2.8 liter straight
sixes in the 328/528, and that a Maxima can run away and hide from their 328's
and 528's. Quite an endorsement, coming from a BMW list!

Fred - So.SF