Re: engine for custom

To: Dennis Currington <DC@Datsuns.net>,
Subject: Re: engine for custom
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:02:07 -0500
Simple Digital Systems makes what is purported to be an excellent EFI
system that is considerably cheaper than Tech-II and much easier to dial
in. I don't have my SDS system yet for my 280's engine (But that's the
system I'm going with), but I've talked to several who work with them and
love 'em, including Rob Robinson, a roadster owner in Roanoke, VA that I
plan on visiting this spring.

He states "I've been using my SDS system since 1996 with no problems - I
highly
recommend SDS! I've used Electromotive and Haltech as well, and both are
about 10 times more difficult to dial in, and just about require a dyno. SDS
is easily programmable while you drive using a Halmeter A/F ratio monitor.
SDS is also significantly less expensive. I'd consider using the stock
injectors, fuel rail and pressure regulator whether you use the stock
manifold or not. The stock injectors will flow enough fuel for any
reasonable street engine. Also consider using the stock Z fuel pump. It's
very reliable and will pump more than enough fuel for a normally aspirated
street engine.
"I'd go with the EM3-F system - programmable direct fire ignition is a very
good thing."