engine for custom

To: "ROADSTER (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine for custom
From: "Erickson, Philip" <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:46:26 -0800
I would vote for a 4 cylinder, if all you want is 200 HP.  The Nissan
choices I looked at were the SR20DET and KA24DE.  The KA would be the
easiest, you can buy a kit.  I would prefer to see the SR as there are not
many conversion in the US, but you have to cut the front cross member.  It
appears the cross member is plenty strong.  BTW, I decided to stay with a
U20 until I see a few more completed conversions.

Philip Erickson  69 solex 2000  soon to be EFI
San Diego Calif.