Re: engine for custom

To: "Erickson, Philip" <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Subject: Re: engine for custom
From: Thomas the Swede <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 01:35:07 +0100
Why does it have to be limited to a Nissan engine?
For left hand drive cars their inline engines have the
exhaust on the wrong side. It's easy to make new cam
covers and the car will still be a Datsun. There are
many engines available that can be suitable for the
swap. Go for what you like and what looks like the
best bang for the buck. Dont forget the high performance
options. There must be a lot of used and complete
BMW M3 engines if you want to use a four. There's
no need to spend anything on tuning them as they
had 195, 215 and 238 hp depending on model year.
Just a warning, they are LOUD engines if they are
used without the cat and factory airbox.

Thomas