Re: Roadster Brakes Like Dragging Your Foot

To: datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster Brakes Like Dragging Your Foot
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:39:14 EST
In a message dated 02/24/2000 11:06:50 AM Mountain Standard Time,
datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com writes:

<< I drove a 1600 for the first time last week, and the brakes were like skid
 brakes on a go-cart. I doubt that I could ever get the car to skid. When
 coming to a stop, I had to brake early, slowing to a stop eventually.

 Is this common? I really had to push the brakes hard. Am I just too used to
 power brakes?

No, those brakes are broke! Lots of things can cause it, but I would look
first to see if the calipers were frozen. Could also be bad flex lines, air
in lines, etc.  When the stock brakes are working correctly, they are very
good.

Joseph
70 1600
Warren Me