Re: Roadster Brakes Like Dragging Your Foot

To: "Datsun Fairlady" <datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster Brakes Like Dragging Your Foot
From: Paul.Kort@marconimed.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:25:20 -0500

  That sounds nothing like my '69 1600.  My brakes are solid and will stop the
car fast enough to make you glad that I have shoulder belts in the car.  The
rear slave cylinders and shoes are new and the pads up front are only about 5000
miles old and I have one of Stan's firewall braces ( Biggest factor in making my
brakes feel solid, yeah Stan! ).  I can lock up all four tires if I hit the
brakes hard enough, but that doesn't stop the car faster!  If anything,
roadsters have more brakes than needed.

Paul
OROC

Please respond to "Datsun Fairlady" <datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com>

To:   datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

I drove a 1600 for the first time last week, and the brakes were like skid
brakes on a go-cart. I doubt that I could ever get the car to skid. When
coming to a stop, I had to brake early, slowing to a stop eventually.

Is this common? I really had to push the brakes hard. Am I just too used to
power brakes?