Re: Roadster Brakes Like Dragging Your Foot

To: datsun_fairlady@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Roadster Brakes Like Dragging Your Foot
From: DMPDJ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:55:45 EST
It is common when an older sits for you to lose brake fluid.  Rubber seals
get dry and when pressure is applied fluid disappears.  Also, caliper pistons
get rusty and freeze.  It is likely that the car just needs a good brake
overhaul.  Mine did when I bought it, and the one I just bought yesterday has
no fluid in the brake or clutch reservoirs.

Also, Stan Chernoff (hope the spelling is right) offers a firewall brace for
the master cylinder that really makes a difference.  The master cylinder is
mounted to the sheet metal firewall and flexes when brakes are applied.  The
brace works great.

With any old car that starts, the first things that need attention are
brakes, carburettors, distributor, and electrical connections.  Then belts
and hoses.  Get the car to go and stop, then make it relaible.

Dave Ford