Re: weight distributing hitches

To: KWS711@aol.com, ronday@home.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weight distributing hitches
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:30:20 EST
All,

I have to agree with this.  I have towed more than my fair share of cars
with tow dollys and trailers.  (most with the tow dollys - they work well if
you think before you do)  Usually, I have to borrow my father in law's
vehicle to tow.  He recently got a late model F-250 2 wheel drive with the
power stroke.  It is UNREAL how much get up and go this beast has.  I would
venture that you could tow an apartment building with it rather than just a
house!

On a related note - I would not buy a used U-Haul tow dolly.  They are
worked to death, and IMHO they are not maintained very well.  I had one that
(empty, mind you) tried to steer a full sized Olds at only 40 MPH.  When I
took it back to the lot I found out why.  They would not let the renter hook
it up for insurance reasons.  When I got there, I disconnected it, and
virtually every bolt was about to fall out.

Just my opinions
Sid