Re: weight distributing hitches

To: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>,
Subject: Re: weight distributing hitches
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:09:05 -0800
I have towed with my Tahoe (like a suburban but shorter) and it pulls great at
70.
Probably a little fast but no problems.  I get 12-13mpg at 70 with a 350 and 373
gears.  This was relatively flat ground with a few long hills.  I could have
had a
little more power but it really wasn't bad at all.  For stability the weight
needs
to be right on the trailer.  If the weight is too much to the rear of the
trailer
it will be squirely and dangerous, need more weight on the tongue but not too
much.

Bob