Re: weight distributing hitches

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: weight distributing hitches
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:50:46 -0600
I have used the "Car Kaddy" two seperate times for my roadster.  As a rule
they have worked very well, BUT the first one I used caused minimal damage
to my car.  If your familiar with their set-up, once the car is loaded, the
ramps stick straight out.  Not generally a problem, but with the low ground
clearance of the roadster combined with it's short wheel base,  the
protuding ramps banged against the bottom side of my roadster several times.
The last one I rented was obviously designed different as I had no problems.

One other factor:  Don't ever put yourself in a situation that would require
you to back the tow dollie with car attached - trust me! <g>    There are
three moving variables that make this nearly impossible (1.hitch, 2. car
tires rest on swivel plate, 3. cars steering).

I would definitely try to get a test drive/pull with the one you buying to
make sure it pulls straight.
Best of luck
Nathan