Re: Keeping Original License Plates

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Keeping Original License Plates
From: Andy Marosi <atmarosi@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:28:17 -0800
At 1944 02/17/2000 , you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>Since the subject of keeping original license plate has come a few time I
>thought I would share my experience with the California DMV.
>
>When I purchased my 65 1500 it had on it the old style black license plates,
>put unfortunately in the trunk were the new white reflectorized plates. When
>going to the dmw to register the car I asked to keep the Black plates and
>they told me that it was not possible because it was already assigned
>reflectorized plates. After 40 minutes and 3 people at the DMV I finally
>filled out a statement of facts stating that the car is a collectors item
>and that any thing but the original plates would devalue the car. The
>statement of facts also said that I would not display the old plates until I
>have recieved authorization from the DMV Headquarters in Sacramento. That
>was 2 months ago.
>
>Well today in the mail came my new registration with the correct license
>number for the orignal black plates.
>
>Duram
>SPL310 X 2

When I went to get ma' 68' 1600 registered since it didn't exsist since 83,
they told me that I couldn't keep the black plates because they aren't
"Year of Manufacture".... at least that's what the "head hancho" said....
Even after I showed him an original registration from about oooo the
original registration of the car in 68' with the black plates, he still had
the nerve to say that I couldn't have them because of  this "Year of
Manufacture" bologna....  So, after the statement of facts paper was filled
and filed, about a month or two pass, and the new stickers come for the
BLACK PLATES!!!!!  I was happy!!!  :)  GOTTA LOVE THE CA DMV!