RE: Keeping Original License Plates

To: "'walter@omni.sps.mot.com'" <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: RE: Keeping Original License Plates
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:43:22 -0500
Here in NY we don't keep the plates with the car as in CA, but if you
register it as a historical car you can put plates on it that are
similar to those which were issued originally.  All you need have is a
registration sticker on the license plate the same year as the year of
manufacture, or in Datsun's case the year they stamped, and these
stickers as well as the paltes can be bought at flea markets.  The only
caveat is that you must have historical car insurance, 2 plates and must
photograph them and then send the photos w/requisite paperwork to a
special section of the DMV.  No more smog inspections and only $15
registration fee per year.