Re: Roll Bars

To: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Subject: Re: Roll Bars
From: Mike/Chris Clothier <mclothier@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 18:14:06 -0800

Andrew Murphy wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Out of all the posts I have seen on the list, I have yet to see a discussion
> on roll bars. I do intend to put a street bar on mine when it goes in for
> restoration, but have heard numerous stories about interference with the
> soft top frames andthe difficulty of installation. I also know that a lot of
> race tracks require you to have one as well as a 5 point harness in order to
> take the car out.
>
> Are the street bars we see advertised on the vendor sites the best ones to
> use? When I was at CDM, Les told me that some people just take exhaust
> tubing and weld it to the body! He said it may look good but would fold in
> any turn over accident. I am of course interested in getting one that will
> offer some protection, but also one that is aesthetically pleasing as well.
> Bolt in? Autopower? Tips? Thoughts?
>
> Andrew Murphy
> 67.5 2000 Solex
> SoCalROC

  Andrew......
Unless someone convinces you differently, go with Autopower. I am completely
satisfied with mine and have had no difficulty with putting the top up and down.
The only problem I have had is that it interferes with my rearview mirror. This
wouldn't concern you with a low windshield car. Good luck.
Mike Clothier
Norco,Ca.