Smooth breathing?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smooth breathing?
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:19:33 -0800
Roadsterites,

I recently purchased a used SU set with manifold and air cleaner from Dave
Murphy. I sent the carbs and hardware off to Scott of Ztherapy to perform
his restoration magic. I took the manifold to a local shop that blasts whole
car bodies with plastic media and now I have this beautiful, clean manifold.

The casting is very rough. I wouldn't mind smoothing out the exterior for
appearance sake (I know, not a "stock" appearance) But it's the interior
that concerns me. The interior is rough and the bores are at least a 32th
smaller than the phenolitic blocks.

Does anybody know if there is an advantage to spending some time smoothing
the passages and porting them to match the blocks?

Eastwood sells a kit for this purpose and it might make a good "watch TV
after dinner" project <single men don't get yelled at for making a mess! and
as sick as it might sound, I miss getting yelled at!

Victor Laury
70 2000
Los Angeles