Air filters, HELP!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air filters, HELP!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:49:33 -0800
  Earlier to day I offered 1600 air filters for sale by OROC.  A request for
two filters for a 67.5 1600 with SUs made me stop and think if all 1600s had
the same air filters?  A quick check of my reference bible, Rallye's
catalog, and I'm sure they all used the same filter.  Ran out to the garage
for some measurements just to verify the filters in the boxes were the same
as on my 1969 1600.
  Well, I have 5 filters (OROC has more), all in different boxes: BAP, made
in Japan, International Parts Service, NIPPON Element MFG. Co., NKK filter
element ( with a GAP/GEON sticker on the box) and a "Automini"
No.16546-16300.
  All the filters measure 13 1/4 x 6 3/4 x 2 1/8 except the Automini (12 3/4
x 6 x 1 15/16).  Anybody have a thought as to what the smaller filter is
for?  The box also has Japanese characters that I might be able to have
translated at work if nobody has an idea.

TIA,
Paul
OROC