Re: Smooth breathing?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smooth breathing?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:35:24 -0800
In my other post, I mentioned that Bob Sharp specified these smoothing mods
as part of a set of changes, including cutting down the carb throttle
shafts and butterflys, needle and dashpot oil changes.

Anyone tried all this, or have you seen the results? As Jim Tyler
mentioned, on a normal street engine, the SU damper piston
is down most of the time. With no dashpot oil, it's up immediately. (A hell
of an shaky idle.) So you're quicker off the line. But is it worth the
trouble? I'm happy most of the time with a normal engine and a steady idle,
except for the few times a solex U20 leaves me in the dust. It's the
overall ride I enjoy!

Fred - So.SF