Re: cleaning glass

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu
Subject: Re: cleaning glass
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:11:50 PST8PDT
Daniel asks:
> My original window glass is dirty...

I use a white powder called 'nothing better'. Available at some dealers
and elsewhere - it seems to be one of those 'limited market' products -
you know some guy in his garage invented something that really works,
but doesn't have the distribution channels of major retailers. Anyways,
you use a damp cloth dipped in the powder and polish the glass with it.

Paul commented on the fogginess possibly coming from within. Yes, this
happens with age :-(. It was then also queried:
> This makes sense for the windshield but what about the side
> windows and the roll up windows. They are not safety glass are they?

Yes they are! Safety glass all around, unless we're talking about
a truly OLD car...

-- John