Media Blasting

To: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Media Blasting
From: "Ehinger, Lee" <76245.1056@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:37:09 -0500
IMHO

I have used the commercial blast cabinets and been real pleased, even with
alum.  The finer the medium the better.   Steel often requres heavier media
 or longer blast time.

I have also used the non-cabinet blasting.....sand gets everywhere!!  even
your ears and drawers...imagine where else on your cars.... I tend away
from this.  Garage and car nooks and crannies are full....draws moisture
etc.

I REALLY prefer the cabinet for small parts - leave the sand behing, prep
the part and paint or coat the part.

Other bigger items that you might want to blast - I prefer cleaning with
wire brush, etc and painting with POR 15.
Lee Ehinger
672000
Ft Wayne IN
OROC