Re: A few questions...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, PaulS@dowa.com
Subject: Re: A few questions...
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 99 10:40:03 CST
 >I sure could use a car to look at!  I have a few Q's.  Nice to see that most
>of the threaded holes in the body/frame are getting filled with various nuts
>and bolts :), but here are a few that haven't...
>
>There are holes in the top of the frontmost frame rail,  I put the horns in,
>and I see where the radiator will go, but can't see how those holes are
>used.

Radiator mount used four VERTICLE holes. Use Bolts and Nuts.  Either
8mm, or the 5/16" fine thread.

>There are threaded holes on a flat surface facing up near the motor mounts.
>I can't see what would go there.

The cross member is "universal" and those those mounting points for
another engine (no idea what, but all the roadster seem to have
those mounts.).

>PS:  Anyone have a nice set of the rear teardrop looking soft top hold
>downs?

You may scream... but for MOST roadsters, the MG-B item will work.
I think the mounting holes are close enough to being the same. For
a restored 67 2000, find some OEM units.

Cheers,

Tom