Re: New Z

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Z
From: IMPORT1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:16:35 EST
In a message dated 2/13/99 9:01:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, glasgow@serv.net
writes:

<< nd unless they turbo the hell out of that KA24, there's no way they'll get
 275 hp out of that lump. They should have gone with the VG30 >>

Too true the 2.4 has always been grossly UNDER powered. The Ka24 is just an
old Z24 motor in(slow) sheeps cloothing. Nissan has always had a real problem
with squeezing the right torque and HP out of thier engines ala Honda. With
the exception of the roadster and the twin turbo 300 thier cars have always
failed to increase my heart rate. I'm not talking about vision blurring power,
but more like "WOW, this little sucker has some snot"!!!  ie: crx si ,
preludes,celicas,etc. Have you ever driven a 300 zx??? completely uninspiring
,and thats reality, coming from a devout Nissan fan. Wake up Nissan Corp. Step
up to the plate with some REAL cars. With the exception of the Maxi it,s time
to start at the begining and go from there.
My 2cents
Jeff "Nissan Guy" Smith
68-70 roadsters
89-90 Maxi