Re: New Z

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Z
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:26:57 -0800
At 10:42 PM 2/14/99 -0800, shifty wrote:
>What would it take for Nissan to go back to the L28(?) block? Put on a
>fuel-injected head and modern tweakable computer to pass emissions?

Nah, the L28 has been beat to death already. The inline-6 has a relatively
flexible crank and the long engine affects the weight distribution. The
compact V6 4-cam packages better and is more developed.

>Maybe a Daimler-Chrysler buyout would be best in the long-run.

Hmmm, now I could see a Chrysler Concorde body on an Infiniti Q-45 chassis.
Slippery shape, rear drive, all that V8 horsepower and limited-slip. Not a
sports car, but I bet it would kick some BMW ass!
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org