New Z

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Z
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:08:42 -0600
I just came back from the Chicago Auto Show.  One of the highlights of the
show for me was the new Z.  Not so much that it is the most beautiful car
in the show.  Far from it.  But that Nissan is trying to do something to
stem the tide.  The worker from Nissan, I spoke with, had the impression
that this car will try to beat the Honda 2000 and Miata by producing a
250-275 HP 2 passenger sports car that will easily outperform the others at
$25K.

With that kind of power and good handling, I think it can do it.

I've heard lots of criticism here about the styling.  In person, when you
walk around it, it really does have the look of the original.  Yes , it has
very sharp angles and is less curvaceous but the shape is right.  The
proportions are right( remember the "Z" was a copy of the Ferrari ) as is
the shape of the windows.  The lights, both front and back are unusual but
those probably will change before its built anyway.

Nissan needs to be encouraged to build it but also needs to hear the word
ROADSTER.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-658-7074; Tieline - 698-9887
   Internal phonemail only  -  tl-348-4725 or 240-4725      pager pin#
8710561