water pumps.. :(

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: water pumps.. :(
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:23:12 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

        Well it is looking like I will need to replace my water pump....
damn if its not one thing its another..
Since I am using my fancy new thermostaticallly controlled fan I do not
need the fan-fan clutch and all that junk..just one pully to spin my alt.
can I use a pre smog water pump on my 69 U-20??  What I would like is
for the presmog pump to be thinner than the smog pump.  I would like
another inch of clearance between the waterpump pulleys and the rad.
        Also where should I go get my water pump from? IS there a source
for rebuilt ones??

                thanks,
                        Daniel 69 2000