Re: water pumps.. :(

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: water pumps.. :(
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 99 14:05:20 CST

>can I use a pre smog water pump on my 69 U-20??  What I would like is
>for the presmog pump to be thinner than the smog pump.  I would like
>another inch of clearance between the waterpump pulleys and the rad.

Same water pump.  '67 2000's did not have the thermostatic fan clutch,
so the end of the pump would not need that reverse threaded hole in it.

>       Also where should I go get my water pump from? IS there a source
>for rebuilt ones??

If Dan has any, I'm sure he'll speak up.  While $150 isn't cheap, it
sure is cheaper than a $1000 cylinder head rebuild from overheating.

I suspect the Nissan OEM pumps are good for 20 years. Usually last
the longest on cars that are daily drivers. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom