Re: Web Sites

To: barrier@bconnex.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Web Sites
From: DEVierling@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:55:07 EST
Barrie,
Sorry, but I don't seem to have any trouble at 99% of the websites I visit.
I'm using an antiquated (in computer terms) homebuilt AT style PC with an AMD
K62 350mhz CPU, Win95 and AOL's (Internet Explorer 5.0) built-in browser.
Hardly the latest or greatest machine!  I rarely have problems viewing any
websites and have found shopping on the Internet a generally pleasing
experience.  Summit Racing's site seems to work especially well on my
computer.

If you want to minimize your problems I suggest you think about upgrading
your software or hardware and maybe only visiting those websites that work.
(Sorry, I'm not sure which one of your lists that puts me on - maybe you need
another list?)  I do know different browsers support different levels of
encryption though, and from a security standpoint it may be in your best
interests to be using a more current version.  (I'm not familiar with
Netscape 4.7's encryption - you might want to ask you're local computer
expert).

Don't misinterpret my e-mail.  I do think you should keep complaining to the
webmasters when a site you visit doesn't work to your satisfaction.  I'm
convinced a lot of these companies don't actually visit their own websites
and may be unaware of the problems actual users are experiencing.  In any
case, good luck with your tirades against these more "up-to-date" companies!
Donny V
'78 MGB,  '89 Saab 900S