RE: Web Sites

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>,
Subject: RE: Web Sites
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:55:56 -0400
Hi,

         Another up and coming web browser that is very stable and supports
both the HTML standard and Microsoft is Opera Version 6.0 which can be
found at http://www.opera.com/. It has been getting good reviews.

Later,
Bob

At 12:49 PM 3/12/02 -0800, you wrote:
> >There is an easy solution to your problem.  Don't use Netscape.   Web sites
> >are increasingly incompatible with Netscape in any of its versions.
>
>Not good web sites.  Good web sites are designed to follow industry
>standards AND the microsoft deviations from the standards.
>
>Microsoft has deliberately not quite followed web industry standards to
>create incompatibilities between their product and any competitors.  They
>have built their browser into their system software to try to get owners
>of Wintel computers to use it.
>
>Then to make things even more fun the deliberately wrote their web design
>product to create code with the Explorer inconsistencies with the
>standards.  Have you ever noticed that if you hand code html and run it
>through the Microsoft web design product that it sometimes automatically
>rewrites you code.  Their product does not properly follow the standards.
>
>You have been assimilated and are actively aiding in Microsoft's efforts
>to assimilate others.
>

>TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
>Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
>twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message
>
>http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman
>
>"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
>Amelia Earhart 1898-1937

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Home Page: www.accesswave.ca/~hamilton
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot  Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net