Re: Web Sites

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Web Sites
From: "Phil Ethier"<pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:52:24 GMT
>I rarely get on my high horse but I am becoming increasingly annoyed at
>companies that insist you  have the latest browser in order to use their
>web sites.

Absolutely.  As far as I have been able to determine, all this extra wizardry
is only good for the "wow-zow" factor.  As far as actually adding to the
content,
I don't see it. I'd rather be given the choice to opt out of all the flash and
animation in favor of a solid, fast load.

The lowest-common-denominator approach is best, especially when you are selling
items that have nothing to do with the high-tech world.

Just like autocross numbers on your car:  Clear, simple and unambiguous
communication
is the prime requisite, not artistic confusion and obstruction.

Phil "call me a Luddite  if you want, but I am not alone" Ethier